by Maximiliaan van Woudenberg The fifth story in both Gespensterbuch and Fantasmagoriana (vol 2), ‘L’Heure fatale’ / ‘The Fated Hour,’ is the second story in Tales of the Dead. It appears to have been more … Continue reading
Home » Items tagged with 'L’heure fatale'
Recent Blog Posts
- (Re-)Creating Cambrian Pictures 1 March 2021
- The Minerva Press: Challenging its reception as a purveyor of ‘trash’ novels of the ‘common run’ 1 September 2020
- Teaching Romanticism XXXIV: Jane Austen, part 2 26 June 2019
- Teaching Romanticism XXXIII: Jane Austen, part 1 24 June 2019
- Teaching Romanticism XXXII: Drama, part 8 30 July 2018
Items tagged with 'L’heure fatale'
Ann Radcliffe authorship bibliography book history book trade drama eighteenth century English literature Fantasmagoriana fiction Four Nations Frankenstein gender global gothic illustration Ireland Jane Austen literary canon literature Lord Byron Mary Shelley Minerva Press national identity nationalism nineteenth century novels Percy Bysshe Shelley poetry politics print culture publishing reception Romanticism Samuel Taylor Coleridge Scotland Tales of the Dead teaching travel writing visual cultures Wales Walter Scott William Lane William Wordsworth women's writing